- Enter the enchanting world of the Carpathians, where dark adventure, mystery, and love await, and the desires of two daring hearts unite in one irresistible passion.
- New York Times Bestseller
- Publishers Weekly Bestseller
- USA Today Bestseller
- Walmart Bestseller
- Amazon Bestseller
- Siren Books Bestseller
- Waldenbooks Bestseller
- Barnes & Noble Bestseller
- Winner of 1999 PEARL Award for Best New Author of Paranormal Romance
- Winner for the 1999 PEARL Award for Best Overall Paranormal Romance
- Winner for the 1999 PEARL Award for Best Shape-Shifter
- Honorable Mention for 1999 All About Romance Award for Favorite New Author
- Honorable Mention for 1999 All About Romance Award for Favorite 'Other' Romance
- Finalist for 1999 All About Romance Award for Most Luscious
- Finalist for 1999 All About Romance Award for Favorite Romance of the Year
- Finalist for 1999 All About Romance Award for Favorite Villain-Rand
- Finalist for 1999 All About Romance Award for Best New Discovery
- Finalist for 1999 All About Romance Award for Best New Author
- Semi-Finalist for 1999 Romance Journals Fracis Award for Best Other Paranormal Romance
- Winner for 1999 RBL Romantica Awards for Best Paranormal
- Winner for 1999 RBL Romantica Awards for Best Secondary Character (Gregori)
- Winner for 2000 Romance Books & Readers Awards for Fantasy
A telepathic hunter of serial killers, Raven Whitney helps catch some of the most depraved criminals. But her work keeps her from getting close to others, and has drained her body and spirit. In need of rest and rejuvenation, she embarks on a vacation far from home.
Mikhail Dubrinksy is the Prince of the Carpathians, the powerful leader of a wise and secret ancient race that thrives in the night. Engulfed by despair, fearful of never finding the mate who can save him from the encroaching darkness, his soul cries out in loneliness. Until the day a beautiful voice full of light and love responds, softly soothing his pain and yearning.
From the moment they meet, Raven and Dubrinksy are helpless to resist the desire that sparks between them. But just as fate unexpectedly brings these life mates together, malevolent forces threaten to destroy them and their fragile love. Yet even if they survive, how can these two lovers — Carpathian and human — build a future together? And how can Dubrinksy bring Raven into his dark world without extinguishing her beautiful goodness and light?
Awards & Honors
There are so many tales of vampires in almost every country down through the ages. That is when I stumbled on to the answer -- the Carpathian people. The discovery of this dying race of people, struggling desperately to preserve their place in the world afforded me many intriguing adventures on their behalf. This was a very exciting and fascinating book to write. I loved all the characters and wanted to know more about them. I spent so much time with Mikhail and Raven, Gregori and Jacques that I felt very sad when I finished the book. Fortunately, my mind was already alive with more Carpathian lore.
— Christine Feehan
Christine regularly writes about her books (and all kinds of subjects) in the following places: